- We will check your application to make sure we have all the information we need.
- We will check you have paid the application fee.
- We may transfer your application to another public authority if we believe we are not the best placed to provide you with the information.
- Before your application is accepted, we may need to contact you for further details about your application. This will help us to understand your request.
- A Designated Responsible Officer will assess your application against the Right to Information Act 2009 and let you know the outcome of that process in writing.
- You will be notified of the Designated Officer’s decision as soon as practicable, but no later than 20 working days after your application is accepted.
- If your request is complex or involves a large volume of information, the Designated Officer may request more time to process that request.
- Where there is a need to consult with a third party about their business affairs or their personal information, the RTI Act allows for up to a maximum of a further 40 working days for that purpose.